INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN
(university credit available)
As the Crumbs and Whiskers Interior Designer, you will design and craft a beautiful store environment that encapsulates the C&W brand experience so that the design inspires and delights target guests. You will select all decorative items, colors, lighting, fabrics, etc. to achieve a trendy, minimalist, and gorgeous store design at every C&W location.
- Re-design the Washington DC café interior so it is beautiful and functional
- Select and manage any hired contractors for the project
- Create a budget proposal and ensure that the project is in budget
- Collaborate with the Head of Art, Design, and Branding and other team members as needed on design projects
- Creativity and imagination
- An eye for design, including color, and good 3D awareness
- The ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Good organizational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Awareness of technical building issues, and the range of relevant products and materials
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Does this sound like you?
- You’re highly creative and imaginative, with a good eye for design. Even though you’ve never worked with us before, you already understand the Crumbs & Whiskers brand like the back of your hand.
- You love Crumbs & Whiskers and the C&W message.
- You really understand our audience and what C&W could best create for them (because you are the audience!)
Job type: (ex: part time, weekends)
- Located in Washington DC
- Project-based, freelance
In addition to this application, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.